Share on the Social Media :
What Causes Weight Gain?
Some of the most common factors that can lead to unwanted weight gain include:
- Unhealthy diet: Eating too many calories, particularly sugary and fatty foods, can lead to weight gain.
- Lack of regular physical activity or exercise
- Medical conditions: Some conditions like hypothyroidism and Cushing’s syndrome can cause weight gain.
- Medications: Some medications, such as corticosteroids and certain antidepressants, can cause weight gain.
- Pregnancy: Weight gain is common during pregnancy.
Speak to your primary care physician in Germantown if you are concerned about weight gain. He can help you identify the underlying cause and develop a plan to address it.
How Can Weight Loss Improve Your Health?
Too much body fat can pose a risk to your health. It predisposes you to diseases like:
How to Lose Weight Safely?
- Consult your primary care physician 20874 before beginning any weight loss plan, especially if you have any health concerns.
- Set realistic goals for yourself. It is usually best to lose about 1-2 pounds per week.
- Choose a weight loss plan that you can stick with in the long term. Fad diets trigger fast weight loss, but it is difficult to maintain these restrictive eating patterns over time. Visit a Germantown primary care for a customized weight loss plan.
- Incorporate healthy eating and exercise into your weight loss plan. Eating healthy foods and being active will help you reach your weight loss goals and improve your overall health.
- Be patient with yourself. Losing weight takes time and effort, but it is possible to achieve your goals if you stay committed to your plan.
Schedule an Appointment
Contact Germantown Primary Health Care for more information about our weight loss plans.