Share on the Social Media :
If you’re suffering from constipation, we at Germantown Primary Healthcare are here to help you out. Contrary to popular belief, constipation is curable and there are several solutions you can adhere to for taking care of constipation. Here are some of them:
- Improve your diet: It all starts with what you are eating and when you are eating it. Have a regular meal with ample amounts of water throughout the day. Try including high amounts of fibre in your regular diet.
- Consume probiotic foods and consider probiotic supplement intake as well. Avoid certain types of foods, especially the ones that contain a high proportion of saturated fats. Visit Primary Healthcare in Germantown MD to know more about this.
- Check medications and supplements for knowing possible side effects: People make decisions on less information and this can cause severe consequences, like constipation. Any additional medicines or supplements you are taking, might be triggering your constipation. Consult a doctor if your medicine intake and your constipation are seeming correlated.
- Exercise Regularly: This goes without saying, but exercising on a regular basis makes you burn excess calories. This makes the process of digestion easier for your intestine.
- Visit a Specialist: It is highly recommended that you get an evaluation by a pelvic floor specialist. This will give you a deeper understanding of the problem and will eventually help your doctor give a more effective medicinal plan.
- You can also ask the experts about the right toilet postures, since learning about toilet postures is also important and can help you get rid of constipation to a very large extent.
- You can also consider medical hypnotherapy.
- Avoid Stress: Stress can result into both anxiety and constipation. Thus you should definitely not under-estimate the effect stress has on your body since this too can lead to constipation.
- Make your body used to a specific time for your toilet routine. This would help your digestive system work homogenously every day.
- Talk to your doctor about possible medications and supplements you can take to avoid constipation in the future. Experts at Germantown Primary Healthcare might recommend something like magnesium supplements or other medication that might work in your specific case.
- If you are used to cooking food for the entire week and then re-heating it whenever necessary, avoid this practice. Do not consume stale food by any means, since this may induce constipation.
- Avoid Overeating: In accordance to your BMI, there is a specific amount of calories you should intake to remain healthy. Stick to this calorie count and you will be able to avoid constipation in the first place.
Whatever degree of constipation you are facing, doctors in Germantown MD can definitely help you get rid of it, before it leads to other more damaging diseases. Visit Germantown Primary Healthcare today!